Black Tuxes Are Cool, But, Dinner Jackets Are Better
ok, keep your full tux ready too!
It’s official — fall event season is among us. While it’s easy to don that trusty and well-tailored tuxedo you got a few years back, fall black tie events call for a bit of panache. One of the easiest and most stylish ways to kick up your fall formal wear style is to — rock a funky dinner jacket.
A punch of plaid, a rich burgundy velvet or burnt orange will turn your formal style up to 1000! Honestly, it’s your time to be the most stylish guy at the party, because a little competition is good for everyone.
Photography by Saeed Ferguson ofAll Cap Studio
Black Watch Plaid Dinner Jacket —Hugo Boss| Custom Blue Label Tuxedo Shirt —ModaMatters| Blue Velvet Slippers –To Boot NY| Black Tuxedo Pants –Tallia| Mark XVIII Watch – IWC c/oGovberg Watches| Bee Lapel Pin –Goorin Bros
Gone are the days that tuxedos being the standard uniform for black tie events. Maximalism is become the new standard. However; when heading to an event that will be held in the evening especially during the fall, you want to do a few things to make sure your outfit hits all the marks:
- Opt for rich colors and patterns that are autumn-appropriate, like a black watch dinner jacket. Think forest green velvet or burgundy
- Don’t go overboard with the patterns. You’re already making a style swerve and you don’t want to off the rails
- For starters, stick with a traditional pair of black tuxedo pants are the glue to bring your outfit together
- Keep your accessories classic, understated watch and bow tie that matches the lapel fabric of your jacket
- Have fun with your footwear, but, make sure its complementary to your overall look
- Find a jacket with a bit of texture, trust me, it’s a conversation starter. Or at least, people are going want to feel you (in you’re into that sort of thing)