Fall Watch Upgrades with Baume et Mercier & Govberg Watches
The Prolific Swiss Watch Brand Has Launched It’s First In-house Movement & Pays Homage To Its Record-Breaking Past
As Men’s Style Pro continues on this horological journey, I had the pleasure of checking out Baume et Mercier‘s, Baumatic collection. First the first time in the brands’ history, they’ve employed their own in-house movement called Baumatic. Why? Because perfection and efficiency are in their DNA and having in-house control keeps those things in check.
This post features three watches: Clifton Baumatic (Blue Alligator Strap), Clifton Baumatic Steel Band and the Clifton Club Burt Munro Tribute. Shop the collection via Govberg Watches and be sure let me know what your favorite of the three watches are in the comments below.
Boss Level Timepiece
Clifton Baumatic 10398 Watch – Baume et Mercier
If I were to use a lei-mans term to describe Baume watches, I’d called them “practical luxury”. Perfectly crafted Swiss-design, minimal watch dials, almost feather-light casing without all the fuss at an affordable price point for a luxury brand is almost unheard of. After you take a deep dive into the brand offering, Baume & Mercier will be one of two things for you:
- Your entry in the luxury watch market
- The pinnacle of luxury watches
For the guy looking for an everyday watch, blue alligator strap Clifton Baumatic is my choice for you. I’ve always gravitated toward leather watch bands because overtime, especially lighter-color leather tends to gain an aged patina. Also, this will be the watch to wear to impress your boss without looking like a show-off.
Here are the impressive specs that might make you consider this watch:
- At 10.3 mm thick, this watch slips under a shirt cuff easily. Which means
- with their in-house Baumatic movement, this watch boasts an impressive 5-day power reserve
- Antimagnetic properties. That means, this watch won’t be affected by daily magnetic fields that can cause mechanical watches to be less accurate
- The classic white dial is versatile, making this a watch you’ll want to wear with everything
- The blue alligator band is a pique luxury detail that will catch the eye of even an amateur watch lover
Motorcycle Inspired, Street Approved
Clifton Club Burt Munro Tribute – Baume et Mercier
In tribute to the world-record setting Kiwi motorcycle racer, Burt Munro, we are graced with the eye-catching, 44mm Clifton Club watch. Munro set the world-record of 184 mph on the Indian Racer motorcycle, which this watch pulls a lot of its detailing and inspiration.
The red calf leather band pops against the black bezel and the large number 35 (Munro favorite number) inset in a golden-yellow circle gives off moto helmet vibes.
Why This Watch Works Stylistic
- At 44mm the watch fall between traditional and oversized in just the right way. Meaning that it’s not comically large and could work for almost any guys wrist
- You may never ride a motorcycle, however; the detailing it pulls from the Indian Racer Bike will help you pull out your inner “badass”
- It’s the sport watch that’s not digital, so you can wear it with a more tailored look and not seem out-of-place
- Look closely at the dial, it’s silver. Which complements the rest of your silver jewelry (rings, bracelets)
All Steel Everything
Clifton Baumatic (10400) Steel Day Date – Baume et Mercier
All steel everything! That’s what you get from the Clifton Baumatic Steel Day Date and for once I’m in favor of a steel bracelet. It can be difficult to find a watch with a steel bracelet that isn’t oversized, but, once again Baume & Mercier get the sizing right. Of all three watches in this feature, I’d suggest this watch to a guy that looking for an everyday universal timepiece.
Why The Clifton Baumatic Day Date (Steel Band) Works A The True “Every Day” Watch
- Similar to the alligator band version, the watch features a white dial and silver case that classic is timeless. Wear it with any and everything in your wardrobe
- At 40mm, this is the ideal dress watch but can play double-duty as your go-to off-duty timepiece
- With a 5-day power reserve, you can wear this watch for an entire work week without being wound. Think of it as uncompromised time
This feature was sponsored by Govberg Watches & Baume et Mercier, however; all opinions and styling are that of Men’s Style Pro
Photography by Saeed Ferguson of All Cap Studio
Production Assistant: Gabrielle Ochoco