The world of commuter carry-alls are filled with sad messenger bags, multi-purpose nylon gym bags & overly technical backpacks. Although very practical, finding a backpack that complements your workwear can be a tall order. To help find a more stylish backpack option we’ve set out on a mission to find best ones around.
Kicking off our search for the perfect leather backpack is this vintage-inspired piece fromHigh On Leather.
High On Leather is an online e-tailer (based in India) that provides leather backpacks, work & travel bags for both men and women. If you get a chance to read their story, you’ll understand that their noble mission is to supply the market with eco-friendly leather bags & accessories at 60% of the cost of most retailers.
Here are the specs (from HOL site) on this backpack:
- Colour: Brown
- Leather: Goat Leather
- Dimensions: 14(H) * 11(W) * 5(D)
- 1 Front pocket
- 2 Pockets on each side
- 1 Zippered pocket on top flap
- 3 large compartments
- 1 Zippered pocket on the back side of the bag
- Briefcase Handle on top
Men’s Style Pro Opinion of theHigh On Leather14 inch Backpack
I’ll give you my overall grade before breaking down my reasoning. This leather backpack receives at B grade.
- The tri-color tan leather is beautiful and will age extremely well –Pro
- With ample compartments, there’s no need to leave your important documents and items at home – Pro
- The side pocket/compartments fit my iPhone 6 perfectly. This is a huge plus for keeping my phone in a proper storage space and out of my pant or suit jacket pockets-Pro
- Looks smashing with a suit & other corporate work apparel – Major Pro
- Major Con – the adjustable straps need to be shortened or more holes need to be added. The reason why this is a major con is that without holding on the straps, the backpack sits to low on your back
- Con: the green interior color isn’t complementary or as polished as one would think from such a beautiful leather bag. From an aesthetic end, the interior color seemed like an after thought