Guess what, it’s cold outside — which means jacket season is upon us. As much as I’ll miss those warm fall days, finding quality outerwear is the one highlight of this time of year. One of my favorite brands out of Houston, S-Gents, consistently produces some of the best tailored wear in the game — and, their outerwear is top-tier.
So, I grabbed two pieces from their collection that includes varsity jackets, puffer vests, topcoats, leather jackets & quilted overshirts. I pulled the later to give you a bit of inspiration of how to elevate your outerwear with some easy style tips.
Outerwear goal with this jacket — Enter Your Bane era! Alright, you’re not trying to topple Gotham, but, you’re definitely attacking cold with some retro style. Insulated with a rich brown wool, this vegan lambskin jacket’s style is built with a bit of attitude and ideal warmth.
How To Style
- Let this coat be your statement piece. Pair it with white denim, courduroy or an all black look. Essentially, it can be styled with anything, but, it looks great paired in a juxtaposed way (see next point)
- Go modern sartorial and throw it over a navy, grey or black flannel suit
- And, don’t forget this is your time to embrace some of the retro details of this jacket. So, pair it with a turtleneck sweater. You’ll be the flyest “pilot” on the streets
Overshirt In The City
The magic of a quilted overshirt is that when the temperature is just cold enough, you don’t have to take it off — marking it truly a part of your outfit.
- Make it easy — pair this overshirt with a monochromatic black outfit and let the pattern stand out
- Adding a deep brown boot to this look brings out the rich tones of the overshirt
- Use it as a layering piece, pair it with a puffer vest or knit shirt
- This piece toes the line of rugged and dapper, so don’t be afraid to beat it up a little. Wear it in the woods by a camp fire, while enjoying a little whiskey.
Founder & Creative Director of Men's Style Pro, Sabir has a deep passion for menswear and all things manly. Selected as one of the "5 Best Dressed Men In America" by Esquire Magazine in 2010 & as #GQFall 2013 Best Dressed Man. As of 2014, Sabir serves as a freelance brand ambassador & executive stylist for GQ Magazine & GQ Report. Outside of that partnership, Sabir serves as an independent brand consultant as well. Reach me directly at SABIR@MENSSTYLEPRO.COM