The versatility of a heather grey dress pant is almost unmatched. When paired with the matching suit jacket you’ve got a light and breezy tailored fit, with just a monochromatic knit polo shirt or sweater it’s the epitome of smart casual or matched with a trusty navy blazer — you’ve got a certified hit.
Featured here are two looks with Robert Talbott’s Stewart Drawstring pants. With a slight stretch to the fabric, you can consider them an elevated traveler pant.
There’s nothing new about a navy blazer & grey pant combo, so adding an awning striped shirt in navy (brown or deep green) adds more character and depth to the look. Essentially, this look can be seen as an elevated uniform, but, adding;
- a knit tie to complement the texture of the pants and jacket is higher level style move
- give your outfit a push by opting for croc, scotch grain loafer. However, an Oxford lace up works just as well for a more traditional look
… can take this look out of the office and into most formal occasions.
Rocking a monochromatic look is Style 101. It makes getting dressed effortless by pairing a look in the same color family. Here’s a few tricks when styling a monochromatic look based around heather grey pants;
- Texture is key. Adding a knit shirt will complement the text of pants
- Slight color variation. This will keep your outfit from appearing flat
- Footwear. A darker loafer or Oxford look best, unless you’re wearing a low profile white sneaker
Leave your style questions in the comments and we’ll be sure to get back to you.
Founder & Creative Director of Men's Style Pro, Sabir has a deep passion for menswear and all things manly. Selected as one of the "5 Best Dressed Men In America" by Esquire Magazine in 2010 & as #GQFall 2013 Best Dressed Man. As of 2014, Sabir serves as a freelance brand ambassador & executive stylist for GQ Magazine & GQ Report. Outside of that partnership, Sabir serves as an independent brand consultant as well. Reach me directly at SABIR@MENSSTYLEPRO.COM