It’s Not All About Rope Belts
It’s a new season and it’s time for new-ish way to do nautical styling. Not that we don’t appreciate the navy/white striped shirt and cloud white shorts look, but, as we make our way back to the city — bringing an urban take on nautical styling is the move.
Below are a few tips on how to pull this city nautical look together and you can shop it below.
You may not be conquering the seven seas, but, the mean streets need a captain to show them the way. To pull off this look, you need a mix of color swapping from the traditional nautical vibe and some rugged footwear.
- Start out with black & white as your base colorway.
- Black jeans instantly make the look a bit more edgy and act as a black canvas
- The big style move of this look is the double breasted white blazer. Keep it open for a casual, Italian gent on the Positano coast vibe.
- Opt for a boat shoe that’s rugged, chunky and devoid of color
- Add a few non-nautical accessories to move your look in a city chic direction. For example, here we have a western style belt and a dressier timepiece. Clearly there’s nothing here with nautical ropes or anything preppy
Founder & Creative Director of Men's Style Pro, Sabir has a deep passion for menswear and all things manly. Selected as one of the "5 Best Dressed Men In America" by Esquire Magazine in 2010 & as #GQFall 2013 Best Dressed Man. As of 2014, Sabir serves as a freelance brand ambassador & executive stylist for GQ Magazine & GQ Report. Outside of that partnership, Sabir serves as an independent brand consultant as well. Reach me directly at SABIR@MENSSTYLEPRO.COM