This post features the Hannigan Italian calfskin black double monk strap shoes by Johnston & Murphy. Detail-wise these kicks are packed with;
- Italian Calfskin Leather
- Leather & rubber combo sole. The rubber is applied to the ball of the shoe, which is what take most of the daily beating as you walk
- Brogued Captoe
- Silver buckles
- Bondwelt constructions
Don’t Forget To Select Your Favorite In The Poll Below
Military-inspired shirt – J.Crew | Gap x Todd Snyder Cargo Pants – GQBestMenswearDesigner | Hannigan Black Double Monk Strap Shoe – Johnston & Muphy | Joseph Marc Aviators – Coastal.com \ Belt – Frank & Oak | Silver Face, Mesh Band Watch – Timex
How To Go Monochromotic
The monochromatic or the “solo color” look has been something I’ve wanted to toy around with for some time on Men’s Style Pro, however; I didn’t want to go with completely suited look (if you want to see a great suited example, check out Dan of TSBmen all-blue everything looks). Since I have a deep appreciation the Armed Force, I pulled inspiration from the US Army and they’re uniforms. Here are a few tips to executing this look and how black monks pull it all together.
- It’s easier to work with neutral color as your base. Army green, navy blue or black are example (see look 3 as well)
- Pair your black monks with this belt is a smart move because they become the focal point of the look without obnoxiously standing out (think neon sneakers with this look)
- The Belt: Because you don’t want to look like a Ghostbuster or adult toddler rocking a one-piece, the black belt gives you a define middle/waist, plus it complements your shoes.
- If you’re layering the look, opt for subtle color gradients to add some dimension & depth. This just means you’ll want to stay in the green color family but not be wearing the same exact color. Go with a darker green as your outerwear option.
Photo Credit: Marina T. Peele @cantwinklefty
What’s Your Favorite Outfit?[yop_poll id=”5″]
Founder & Creative Director of Men's Style Pro, Sabir has a deep passion for menswear and all things manly. Selected as one of the "5 Best Dressed Men In America" by Esquire Magazine in 2010 & as #GQFall 2013 Best Dressed Man. As of 2014, Sabir serves as a freelance brand ambassador & executive stylist for GQ Magazine & GQ Report. Outside of that partnership, Sabir serves as an independent brand consultant as well. Reach me directly at SABIR@MENSSTYLEPRO.COM