Captoe Dark Brown Double Monk Strap Shoes No. 591 – Shoe Passion| Custom Three-Piece Grey Suit – Dragon Inside | The Nucky Cutaway Collar Shirt – Hugh & Crye | Purple Silk Knit Tie – Indochino | White Pocket Square with Green Edging – The Tie Bar
Let’s face the facts, double monk strap shoes are here to stay! Now that that’s been said we can move on to why these monks are a menswear essential. As opposed to other brown leather monks that I’ve featured on MSP, these monks have profile of an Oxford shoe, just with a slightly sleeker silhouette (which isn’t a bad thing). The problem that I’ve seen with many shoe makers when it comes to developing a proper double monk strap is that they’re either too chunky or too slender (which is trendier). These monks fall right in the middle of the chunky/slender spectrum.
Falling right in the middle shape spectrum these shoes are one of the most versatile pair that you can own. My favortie detail is the “slight” burnish on the cap-toe. It’s very subtle, but, that details speaks volume in regard to the craftsmanship & styling. Below are a few tips to styling these monks in your wardrobe;
- Instead of reaching for your trusty lace-up Oxford, try these monks. Personally, a cuff pant looks best with a monk because they complement the weight of the shoe well
- If you’re looking for a shoe to rock with any pair of jeans that you own, these are your new go-to
- The “Sprezzy” Unbuckle Style | It’s not for everyone, but, leaving your top strap unbuckle is more style aesthetic than anything else
- Going Sockless | It’s a great European influenced look for the warmer months. You can achieve the look with no-show socks from brands like J.Crew, Banana Republic & 2Xist
- This dark brown pairs well with Navy, Grey, White, Khaki
[tps_footer] Which Shoe Do You Like Most?[yop_poll id=”4″]
Head over to www.ShoePassion.com to check out there tremendous collection.
Photo Credit: Marina T. Peele @cantwinklefty
Founder & Creative Director of Men's Style Pro, Sabir has a deep passion for menswear and all things manly. Selected as one of the "5 Best Dressed Men In America" by Esquire Magazine in 2010 & as #GQFall 2013 Best Dressed Man. As of 2014, Sabir serves as a freelance brand ambassador & executive stylist for GQ Magazine & GQ Report. Outside of that partnership, Sabir serves as an independent brand consultant as well. Reach me directly at SABIR@MENSSTYLEPRO.COM