[tps_header]Whatever you want to call this time of year, “Spring/Summer Wedding, Derby/Polo Match or Garden Party Season”, you may have already exhausted your warm weather “fancy” duds. You may fall into the end of the spectrum that’s just tired of tan khaki or seersucker suits. One of the best ways to stand out, but, while remaining summer event appropriate or just you’re just looking for something different is to opt for a solid color, cotton jacket outside of the normal tan or blue. If you’re not the plaid or gingham pattern blazer type, but, you want some sartorial pop to your wardrobe, the solid color cotton blazer may definitely be up your alley.
This post features a custom, forest green blazer by the online retailer, Indochino styled three-way. Before we get deep into the post, here are the specs on the blazer.
- Forest Green Color
- Air Washed Cotton (weight 330 g/m)
- Extra Wide Peak Lapel (4 inch)
- Tortoise Shell Buttons
- Patch Pocket
- Functional Cuff Buttons (Surgeon Cuff)
Let Us Know What’s Your Favorite Look In the Comments Section Below![/tps_header]
Forest Green Cotton Custom Double-Breasted Blazer – Indochino | Custom Brown & White Gingham Shirt – J.J. Threads | Vintage Knit Tie | “Egg White” Linen Pocket Square – Armstrong & Wilson | Custom Navy Trousers – Alfa Clothiers | Leather Calf Skin Loafers – Paul Evans
The warmer months definitely allow for a bit of flexibility when it comes to your work attire. Depending on your working environment, you may be able to get away with pulling of a blazer like this, however; there are some rules/suggestions that you should follow.
- To stock of the culture of your office. If you’re in a conservative work space, the green blazer might not be well received
- A pair of navy trousers will paired down the look, giving it a more business-like feel
- A pattern shirt in an earth/neutral tone add depth to the look without being an eyesore
- Lighten up your footwear from your traditional lace-up Oxford, to a sleek leather loafer. If you want to get more of a summer “pop” a cinnamon brown, suede loafer will do the trick
Founder & Creative Director of Men's Style Pro, Sabir has a deep passion for menswear and all things manly. Selected as one of the "5 Best Dressed Men In America" by Esquire Magazine in 2010 & as #GQFall 2013 Best Dressed Man. As of 2014, Sabir serves as a freelance brand ambassador & executive stylist for GQ Magazine & GQ Report. Outside of that partnership, Sabir serves as an independent brand consultant as well. Reach me directly at SABIR@MENSSTYLEPRO.COM