Shoe Brands To Watch: Awl & Sundry Online Custom Footwear
Awl & Sundry, the online custom footwear retailer, recently launched their site and it has been well-received throughout the web. I’m always fascinated by the online custom process, especially in regard to footwear. That being said, I took some time to dig around the site to put together a few pairs for shoes. Before you decide to try your hand at creating your own pair, I’ve created a video tutorial of my experience building a pair of shoes via www.AwlandSundry.com.
- The site is rather intuitive in regard to the user experience. There weren’t so many shoe options or details that would make the process overwhelming
- At this moment the shoe selection is limited to four styles (Oxford, Derby, Monk and Loafer)
- Within each style, there are customization option for silhouette, materials, stitch and monogramming
- A few the detail options that I hope to see soon are tassels and kilties (primarily for loafers)
- Also, the addition of boots would be a major plus
- You can build a shoe and save your design before you decide to purchase them
- Currently, only shipping in the US (but, I’m sure there are plans for expansion)
- Regular prices for your Calf Plain, Calf Grain & Calf Suede is $350
- When you add exotic materials like Alligator or Ostrich the price will increase to around $600
Below are some screen shots of the site for your review, however; be sure to watch the video above to see the process in action
Be sure to visit www.AwlandSundry.com to design pair of custom shoes just for you and let us know what you think.