Founder & Creative Director of Men's Style Pro, Sabir has…
We may not want to admit it, but, fall is just around the corner. Here in the northeast, we’ve woken up to a few days with that slight crisp in the air that we wouldn’t expect until mid-September. Over the years, many menswear magazines have been preaching navy blue and plaid wool suits for the fall, but, I predict this to be the year (or at least the Autumn) of the Everyday Grey Suit.
Three Piece Custom Everyday Grey Suit by Oliver Wicks (Formerly Dragon Inside) | Brown Suede Double Monk Strap shoes by V.Artigiano
If you are scratching your head in an attempt to figure out, “what constitutes a suit an everyday grey suit,” here’s a few tips that can help point you in the right direction. As oppose to your charcoal color fabric, the everyday grey Yorkshire wool is slightly lighter without taking the leap into summer weights and tones. When comparing the everyday grey to its summer counterpart, you will see that the summer grey is much lighter in weight and color. Keep those summer greys stored away for warm weather wedding or any gatherings.
The Details On This Everyday Grey Suit:
- Custom Yorkshire Wool Everyday Grey Suit by Oliver Wicks (Formerly Dragon Inside).
- Jacket is half-lined. This feature making is more breathable and drapes to your natural body shape.
- Swapped out the traditional black buttons for the corozo brown.
- No belt loops, but, side tabs were added.
- 2 inch cuffs on pants.
- Peak lapel.
- Hacking pockets with added ticket pocket.
- Purple half lining in jacket.
- Rubberized waistband to keep your shirt tucked in (no riding up).
- (When getting a suit custom-made, these are my usual specifications. )
Style Benefits of the Everyday Grey Suit
- Most shirt colors and patterns complete it.
- Since the suit isn’t too light or too dark (in regard to color), you’ll have the option of rocking a pair of black or brown shoes.
- I’ve never been a fan of black buttons, so depending on your personal preference, you need to decide on what button color you want.
- Swap out your shoes, shirt and tie for a complete new combo, your suit will be perceived as a completely different outfit.
- Ideal shirt colors are whites, yellows, pinks, blues and purples.
- This particular grey gives off a very British rake vibe. Women dig it (ps. my photographer approves).
- The fabric is flatter than other wools, which gives it less visible texture. You’ll be able to add more textured ties and pattern shirts with this suit and not feel overwhelmed.
Custom Cutaway Contrast Collar Striped Shirt by Oliver Wicks (Formerly Dragon Inside)
Navy Silk Knit Polka Dot Tie by The Knottery | Tortoise Shell Eyewear by Derek Cardigan via Coastal.com
Photography: Marina T. Peele (@Cantwinklefty)
Founder & Creative Director of Men's Style Pro, Sabir has a deep passion for menswear and all things manly. Selected as one of the "5 Best Dressed Men In America" by Esquire Magazine in 2010 & as #GQFall 2013 Best Dressed Man. As of 2014, Sabir serves as a freelance brand ambassador & executive stylist for GQ Magazine & GQ Report. Outside of that partnership, Sabir serves as an independent brand consultant as well. Reach me directly at SABIR@MENSSTYLEPRO.COM