Founder & Creative Director of Men's Style Pro, Sabir has…
The morning routine usually goes something like this: Get Up, Shower, Grab Lunch (also, forget that lunch on the kitchen counter), Grab Your Work Bag and Run Out The Door! I’ve probably just spelled out the morning scenario for just about 95% of people reading this post.
Even though I often forget to grab the lunch that I packed the night before or that my wife was kind enough to make for me that morning (thanks babe!), I never leave the house without my work bag. Truth-be-told, I have about six work bags that I keep in rotation and one that gets a fair amount of use is my folio style, leather briefcase from Korchmar. The official name of this bag is the Madison, which pulls its style from its Madison Avenue roots of high functionality with a clean briefcase aesthetic.
To get a better idea of what I like & “dislike” about this particular bag I’ve come up with a list of Pros & Cons: Enjoy!
Pros about the Korchmar Madison Folio Briefcase
- The handles are retractable and padded.
- Since the handles are retractable, I can run with it under my arm like a football if needed (or do my Heisman pose)!
- It’s offered in brown.
- Fits my 13.3 inch Macbook Air with no problem.
- The pockets are all lined.
- Since I tend to carry a notebook, it was great to see a few pen sleeves.
- There are two phone pockets. I keep my iPhone in one and my external hard drive in the other.
- The full zip capability is a nice touch especially when I need to see everything in my bad at once, just to take inventory of my things.
- Since I told Korchmar that I would be reviewing their bag, they decided to offer readers a 20% Discount Code “STYLEPRO”. Use it at check out until July 4th.
Cons about the Korchmar Madison Folio Briefcase
- IMO, the bag is a bit too large. Not large in the sense of carry a purse, but, large enough to resemble a small art portfolio.
- There isn’t a shoulder strap. Personally, that isn’t an issue for me because I prefer bags without them, however; I know for most guys they like a shoulder strap (remember this style really doesn’t lend itself to a strap, but, I know some guys will still find fault with it).
Leather Folio Madison Briefcase by Korchmar |
Extreme Cutaway Collar Shirt by Trashness | Skull Tie by Merona from Target | Vintage Braces | Joseph Marc Sunglasses via Coastal.com
Linen/Wool Pinstripe Trousers by Hackett London Mayfair Collection | Rose Gold Watch by Michael Kors | Black Leather Double Monk Strap Shoes by Steve Madden via DSW
Korchmar has a wide variety of bags from briefcase to duffels that you should checkout. Keep up with them via @KorchmarBags on Twitter, @KorchmarOnline on Facebook & @Korchmar on Pinterest.
Photography by Marina T. Peele @Cantwinklefty or email Marina@MensStylePro.com.
Founder & Creative Director of Men's Style Pro, Sabir has a deep passion for menswear and all things manly. Selected as one of the "5 Best Dressed Men In America" by Esquire Magazine in 2010 & as #GQFall 2013 Best Dressed Man. As of 2014, Sabir serves as a freelance brand ambassador & executive stylist for GQ Magazine & GQ Report. Outside of that partnership, Sabir serves as an independent brand consultant as well. Reach me directly at SABIR@MENSSTYLEPRO.COM