Founder & Creative Director of Men's Style Pro, Sabir has…
For those of you that are trying to break into the world of design in either fashion or graphic I have contest for you. The Philadelphia Collection launched its 2nd annual T-shirt Design contest (Entry Deadline is July 8th at Midnight) as one of its kick off events for the style events that will be taking place in Philadelphia through September.
“The contest asks local fashion and graphic designers to create a design for a men’s and a women’s T-shirt, using The Philadelphia Collection logo, which will be sold at various retailers in Philadelphia. The contest runs from June 20, 2011 through July 8, 2011 (which is tomorrow).
The design contest marks the first of many events that The Philadelphia Collection 2011 will showcase in its mission to engage members of Philadelphia’s diverse fashion and style community. The winner will receive (in addition to bragging rights) brand/name exposure on the hangtag, exposure in select retail shops throughout the city, six complimentary t-shirts of their design, tickets to an event for The Philadelphia Collection 2011, and $150.
Nigel Richards of The 611 Lifestyle will produce the shirts locally in Philadelphia after the winner is selected on July 19th.The shirts will be sold for $30 at select retailers beginning September 1, 2011.”
Contest Guidelines (abbreviated list, full official contest entry rules available at ThePhiladelphiaCollection.org/contest):
- Entrants must be 18 years of age or older
- There will be two separate designs chosen as winners – one for the men’s t‐shirt design, one for the women’s T‐shirt design
- Entrants may submit designs for both categories, and there is no limit on the number of designs an entrant may submit
- Maximum size for design is 15” x 19”
- The design is not limited to the front and/or back of the t‐shirt and can utilize any surface area available on the T‐shirt
- The design must incorporate The Philadelphia Collection 2011 logo, entrants can download the logo file at www.thephiladelphiacollection.org/contest
- Elements of the logo may be broken up but the design must remain recognizable to the original
“Spearheaded by The City of Philadelphia, Center City District, and The Philadelphia Retail Marketing Alliance, The Philadelphia Collection 2011 will engage members of Philadelphia’s diverse fashion and style community including retailers, stylists, designers, modeling agencies, salons, design schools, fashion consultants and more. These participants will either host their own unique fashion and style event, or partner with other producers’ events as they showcase the City’s retail and design talent in addition to fall’s newest fashions.”
Be sure to head to http://www.thephiladelphiacollection.org/contest/ for all of your contest information. This could be your big break.
Founder & Creative Director of Men's Style Pro, Sabir has a deep passion for menswear and all things manly. Selected as one of the "5 Best Dressed Men In America" by Esquire Magazine in 2010 & as #GQFall 2013 Best Dressed Man. As of 2014, Sabir serves as a freelance brand ambassador & executive stylist for GQ Magazine & GQ Report. Outside of that partnership, Sabir serves as an independent brand consultant as well. Reach me directly at SABIR@MENSSTYLEPRO.COM