It’s hot and you want to stay cool and still look cool. Being the flashiest dresser in the bunch does not mean your “look” is the coolest, it can often mean being the guy whose clothes are well-tailored for his body and for the occasion. The occasion can be a formal event or just a relax day doing just about nothing. Sometimes I just want to go down by the river and throw rock, however; I do not want to look like a twelve-year-old or Huckleberry Finn. For the grown man having fun look I decided to go with a white linen shirt and a pair of light blue linen/cotton pants from Onassis.
Check out the behind the scenes video of this shoot[vimeo http://www.vimeo.com/26353104 w=400&h=300]
When there is a body of water around, the chance of me getting in is about 98%. Luckily in this case the body of water is a creek which bumps that likelihood of me taking the plunge about 100%. I decide to take it back to my youth and skip some rocks. In my youth, I could guarantee that you would find me wearing a t-shirt and some crazy shorts, however; I have now settled for something a bit more age appropriate and more stylish at the same time.
Care Free Style:
The keys to this look are:
- Sticking with light colors to beat the heat
- Understanding that linen is just not beach wear (even though I am near water).
- A linen/cotton blend does not wrinkle as much as a straight linen garment (Onassis Pants).
- Even though this is a relax outfit, I did not skimp on the level of tailoring to keep my overall fitted style consistent
- Roll up your sleeve on both your shirt & pants (dammit, it’s summer)
- Sometime when purchasing linen you will need to size-down to get the perfect fit. Linen is not a stretchy fabric, it is actually pretty rigid.
And of course it gets too hot…..
take off your clothes and go for a dip (just don’t get arrested).
- Onassis Clothing x Men’s Style Pro Summer Deal (mensstylepro.com)
Founder & Creative Director of Men's Style Pro, Sabir has a deep passion for menswear and all things manly. Selected as one of the "5 Best Dressed Men In America" by Esquire Magazine in 2010 & as #GQFall 2013 Best Dressed Man. As of 2014, Sabir serves as a freelance brand ambassador & executive stylist for GQ Magazine & GQ Report. Outside of that partnership, Sabir serves as an independent brand consultant as well. Reach me directly at SABIR@MENSSTYLEPRO.COM