How To: Bold Blazer – Volume I
Guys, don’t shy away from a bold blazer. Make this your go to option one weekend for a night out to the clubs or bars, and don’t think twice about your decision. You probably have at least one blue blazer in your closet, which has served as your quintessential blazer, but, to be honest the blue blazer can get boring. Your first step to finding a bold blazer is deciding, pattern or bold color (sometimes both in one). There is no right answer to what level of boldness you should chose in your blazer, however; you want to wear something that fits your comfort level while slightly making you step outside of your normal (blue blazer) box.
How to wear a Bold Pattern Blazer (especially if you are a rookie to the look)
- Your bold patterned blazer should be the “loudest” most eye-catching part of your outfit. This is not a 100% percent end all be all rule, however; when starting out with the bold blazer as a rookie start out slowly.
- Accessorizing with a relatively plain white pocket square will pull the look together well. The fabric of the pocket square (if you sticking with a white color) should be a cotton or linen. The texture of cotton or linen will complement your blazer well by not look overly dressy as a silk pocket square would.
- Pair your blazer with blue jeans in a dark wash. This will keep the look casual and less stuffy.
- When choosing a shirt to go with this look go with either a blue or white Oxford button down collar or a white v-neck t-shirt.
- If you wear a collar shirt with this look, go sans tie. Remember you are going for relax with a bit of bold style.
- Ten Key Trends for a Stylish Summer (esquire.com)