Amped Up Formal Wear 4 Ways & Giveaway With Tallia Orange
Feature in partnership with Tallia Orange
[dropcap size=big]F[/dropcap]ormal wear season is in full swing and hopefully, you’re ready! Tuxedo? Check! But, is it your traditional black tux that you’ve worn to every formal event over the past few years? If so, this is the summer for experimenting with bringing individuality to your formal looks.
I’ve teamed up with menswear brand, Tallia Orange, who’s known for their attention to detail, bold patterns and not so serious attitude about men’s style to showcase how to amp up your style just in time for this season. You can find the pieces that I’m wearing in this feature at Macy’s and Lord & Taylor.
Scroll To The Bottom To Enter This Giveaway. You’ll have the chance to win one of the Tallia Orange Formal Wear Looks Curated by Men’s Style Pro
A Twist On The Traditional
[dropcap size=big]O[/dropcap]ver the last 10 years, midnight & navy blue tuxedos have become the menswear standard. There have been countless articles written about it, leading men wearing the color on the red carpet & thousands of grooms rocking it on their big day.
To stand out from the indigo pack, opt for a slightly heightened blue fabric, but, avoid going to bright with Yves Klein blue. Once you’ve gotten that down & the fit is stellar, think of adding a few subtle tweaks to this look.
- The Horizontal Pleated Bib Tuxedo Shirt – this garment is quite traditional, but, hasn’t been seen often. The pleated bib adds some odd school cool to this look and with its horizontal orientation, there’s some dimension added without going too far into bad 80’s ruffled shirt territory
- Skip The Tuxedo Shoes — there’s no need to rock a patent leather tuxedo shoe with this look. A leather Oxford or in this case a kiltie loafers give you a bit more personality
Creative Black Tie: Bomber Jacket Edition
Creative Black Tie? What does it mean? What do you wear to an event that calls for it? In essence, it gives you the chance to try something stylish that you wouldn’t have attempted before.
Why Should An Embroidered Bomber Jacket Be An Opinion?
In 2017, almost everything an option for a creative black tie event. One thing to remember when putting together an outfit for any event is to take stock in what the occasion may be. Are you wearing this to a wedding? Maybe, but, probably not.
However; if you’re headed to a fun black tie party, prom or an occasion that’s more modern satorial than traditional menswear stuffy, this look is for you.
How To Style This Bomber Jacket
Let’s keep things somewhat simple. You’re already swinging for the fences by wearing a gold-embroidered bomber jacket, so;
- Pair it with a black tuxedo pant. Remember, it’s a black tie event and rocking traditional tuxedo pieces with this jacket will keep you in line with the theme
- You can get funky with your shoes, but, that choice is optional. A black tuxedo loafer would look just as good as these eye-catching slippers. Depending on the event, a pair of low profile black low top sneakers would work too
Pink (linen) Panther
Headed to a summer wedding or garden party where the dress code is seasonal chic (or something along those lines)? Here’s your chance to do something unexpected and bust out a tuxedo in this summer hit color -millennial pink.
Yes! A pink a tuxedo that doesn’t look like a bad 80’s prom relic exists and it looks like quite good. Because it’s a soft pink, you’ll available that Pepto suit look. Here are a few tips to pulling off this next level formal wear:
- They’re suit separates, so don’t be afraid to mix them up. Pair the jacket with a pair of black tuxedo pants for an entry-level style swerve
- If you’re going with the full pink kit, keep the rest of the look basic. A crisp white shirt and black bow tie will do
- Up your loafer game. Pink linen has a luxe quality to it, so add velvet slipper with the look for maximum swagger
The Gatsby Factor
Black & Silver Paisley Tuxedo Jacket – Tallia Orange via Macy’s | Black Tuxedo Pants – Tallia Orange via Lord & Taylor | Double-breasted Waist Coat – Tallia Orange via Macy’s | Custom Whole Cut Black Oxford Shoes – Incedo Shoes
As many times as I seen the Great Gatsby or historical imagery depicting the “Roaring 20’s”, I can’t help but to salivate at the inspiration art deco menswear motifs. Fast-foward to 2017 and now we can all have an “old sport” kind of moment.
There have been two instances in the past two years when I thought to myself, I’d love to rock a bold dinner jacket. One was NYE 2016 & my first invitation to the opera. Two prime examples of events where an art inspired dinner jacket would have been perfect.
How To Rock Modern Gatsby Style
People are going to notice you in this jacket, so keep the rest of your look simple (pattern specific), especially if this is your first rodeo.
- Jewelry: this isn’t the time for mixing metals. Keep the jewelry to a minimal black leather banded watch. Obviously, wear your wedding band (if you’re married), no matter what color the metal may be
- Stick with a crisp white shirt. Pairing a black shirt with this blazer comes off a night club attire
- All black shoes are a fail-safe, but, stick with calf leather over patent leather. Patent leather will draw the eye away from your outfit toward your shoes
Enter The MSP x Tallia Orange Formal Wear Giveaway
How To Enter
- Use The Rafflecopter widget below to enter
- Open to residents of the United States only
- 1 Grand Prize winner will be announced Monday, June 12th
- Giveaway Closes at 11:59 pm EST Sunday, June 11th
- Prize is subject to size & product availability
- Only Tallia Orange apparel from the feature will be apart of the prize