Founder & Creative Director of Men's Style Pro, Sabir has…
Tobacco Is The Wave Of 2019
And, MODA MATTERS Is Making Power Style Moves
Last year, we were fortunate enough to partner w/ MODA MATTERS on two capsule collections (our spring line won Best of Philly). This year, the men’s custom clothing house made a shift from an Italian-inspired brand to a fully Italian-American brand with a focus on made in Italy ready-to-wear pieces (all ready for purchase online).
To kick off the new MODA MATTERS, we’ve taken their Luciano Chino Suit in Tobacco & Gianni Jersey Blazer and styled them three ways.
Luciano Chino Suit Jacket & Luciano Chino Trouser – MODA MATTERS
Tobacco suiting is one of the biggest trends in suiting this season. From the runways to many of the European menswear brans, the rich brown khaki hue is the warm alternative to the traditional tan khaki suit. It’s casual cool, perfect for weekend or warm days at the office. Taking advantage of it’s relaxed elements, this is the suit that will make you stylish weekend power-player (think, brunching like a boss).
Why Styling This Suit With A T-Shirt Is A Must
- Fabric Matters: made from cotton with a touch of elastin, this casual fabric is perfect to pair with a t-shirt. It moves with you, just like your favorite t-shirt
- Sneakers Perfect Pairing: one of the biggest menswear missteps guy make during the is pairing sneakers with the wrong suit. The chino fabric is inherently sporty, so adding a clean white sneakers to the look is a no brainer
- The Tobacco Color: tobacco is rich, bold w/o being too flashy and standout in a sea of tan khaki suits.
Just The Pants & A Knit Blazer
Gianni Jersey Knit Blazer – MODA MATTERS | Luciano Tobacco Chino Trousers – MODA MATTERS
Like any good khaki suit, the pants can play double-duty. Of course, pairing them with a blue blazer is pretty much Menswear 101. MODA MATTERS added a jersey knit blazer to their new collection thats light and molds to your body. Plus, it’s ideal for the guy that doesn’t need to suit up, but, but wants a relaxed blazer for those sartorial moments (meeting with clients or headed to a brunch).
Knit Blazers For The Win
- Texture & Color: the knit texture of this blazer & color/texture of the tobacco pants complement each quite well. The depth from the blazer keeps this from looking like an attempt of creating “suit” with these piece
- Details: the patch pockets are extremely functional and if you notice this blazer was produced without buttons on the sleeves. This detail is modern and keeps jacket sleek.
All Business, Mostly Play
Luciano Tobacco Chino Jacket & Luciano Tobacco Chino Trousers – MODA MATTERS | Monti Denim Shirt – MODA MATTERS | Green Grenadine Tie – MODA MATTERS
Something that the Italian do better than everyone is making casual pieces look well-put-together when paired with a tie and denim shirt. With today’s casual office, many places have relaxed rules on suiting — rocking a tobacco suit is an unexpected but sartorial style move to make.
Keep This Suit As Option For:
- Summer Wedding
- Garden Party
- Rehearsal Dinner
- Any day at the office
These pieces are great as separates, so get the most out of these pieces and break them up.
Photography – Saeed Ferguson of All Cap Studio
Shop The New MODA MATTERS
Founder & Creative Director of Men's Style Pro, Sabir has a deep passion for menswear and all things manly. Selected as one of the "5 Best Dressed Men In America" by Esquire Magazine in 2010 & as #GQFall 2013 Best Dressed Man. As of 2014, Sabir serves as a freelance brand ambassador & executive stylist for GQ Magazine & GQ Report. Outside of that partnership, Sabir serves as an independent brand consultant as well. Reach me directly at SABIR@MENSSTYLEPRO.COM