Founder & Creative Director of Men's Style Pro, Sabir has…
Take a moment and look in your closet. If you wear suits on a regular basis, there are probably a number of blue ones at your disposal. During the fall & winter months many guys tend to gravitate toward suede footwear to complement the texture of their wool & tweed suits, but, we challenge you to look into highly detailed leather kicks. The shoes in this feature are the Tyndall Wingtip Boots in oxblood & the Clayton Pebble Leather Double Monk Straps by Johnston & Murphy.
Why Choose A Detailed Leather Shoe vs Suede
- Starting with the practical application, leather shoes are easier to maintain than suede. A solid shine and you’re typically good to go.
- If you get caught in a sudden down pour, your leather shoes will have a better chance of not getting destroyed.
- Leather shoes offer an elegant contrasted to the texture material of your wool suits (in fall/winter weights).
- As with the oxblood leather boots, leather shoes tends to hold their shape much better than suede. A sleek silhouette is the sign of a well-constructed leather shoe.
- The small details stand out better with leather. For example, check out the broguing on the wingtip boots and the pebble leather double monk strap shoes both offer details that are sometimes lost on suede shoes (not all the time).
- When you’re not suited up, leather shoes complement denim seamlessly.
- Remember, leather ages better. This aging process can add some serious character to your footwear.
Styling The Heavy Weights
Chalked Striped Wool Suit “The Darrock” by Jack Wills
Large Gingham Slim Washed Shirt by Johnston & Murphy | Striped Wool Tie & Pocket Square by The Tie Bar
Tydall Wingtip Oxblood Boots by Johnston & Murphy
Clayton Double Monk Strap Pebble Grain Leather Shoe by Johnston & Murphy | Lorenzo Small Briefcase by Maxwell Scott
Custom Navy Plaid By Dragon Inside
Slimmed Washed Plaid Shirt by Johnston & Murphy | Stone Skull Bracelet By Degs & Sal | Watch via Dapper Time
This post was sponsored by Style Coalition and Johnston & Murphy.
Photo Credit: Michael A. Flores of Michael Anthony Flores Photography
Founder & Creative Director of Men's Style Pro, Sabir has a deep passion for menswear and all things manly. Selected as one of the "5 Best Dressed Men In America" by Esquire Magazine in 2010 & as #GQFall 2013 Best Dressed Man. As of 2014, Sabir serves as a freelance brand ambassador & executive stylist for GQ Magazine & GQ Report. Outside of that partnership, Sabir serves as an independent brand consultant as well. Reach me directly at SABIR@MENSSTYLEPRO.COM