Founder & Creative Director of Men's Style Pro, Sabir has…
(all text in burgundy is clickable)
No matter how you spell it, gray or grey is quite possibly the most versatile color in your wardrobe (especially in your business attire). Grey often falls into the trap of only being paired with black leather shoes and white shirts, however; the range of colors that complement grey are seemingly endless. The lighter end of the grey color spectrum is the way to go for the most versatility. If possible invest in a three-piece grey suit in wool or a donegal (which would be reserved for the colder months). Below are three looks for a bit of grey inspiration.
- Corporate blue, pink and lavender are three complementary shirt colors that will really pop against a grey suit.
- Break up the pieces of your three-piece suit for more versatility.
- Don’t be afraid to pair brown or tan leather with your grey ensemble.
- Don’t forget that a classic black shoe always works.
- Skip the completely tailored look and throw on a varsity jacket or cardigan in a bold color.
- Mixing a blazer and waist coat from another suit with the grey trousers is a fun and smart combination.
- Socks!! Mix it up. Bold colors and patterns are appropriate with grey trousers. If you want to stay conservative, opt for solid grey socks.
(Also, if you are in NYC now through the 29th, visit Vanderbilt Hall at Grand Central Station for the Indochino Travel Tailor (Tell Them That Men’s Style Pro Sent You)
Custom Grey Trouser & Waist Coat by Indochino
Custom Spread Collar Shirt by Ratio Clothing – Rose Gold Watch by Michael Kors
Loafer by Johnston & Murphy – Skull Socks by Mossimo Supply
2. Varsity Style
Green Wool Varsity Jacket by H&M
Cooper Oxford Brogues by Fin’s For Him
3. Suit on Suit
Custom Navy Blazer & Waist Coat + Grey Trouser by Indochino
Striped Wool Tie By Gap
Pocket Square by The Tie Bar – White Oxford Shirt by Frank & Oak
Cooper Brogued Oxfords by Fins For Him
- Indochino Traveling Tailor Invades NYC – Oct. 22nd to 29th (mensstylepro.com)
Founder & Creative Director of Men's Style Pro, Sabir has a deep passion for menswear and all things manly. Selected as one of the "5 Best Dressed Men In America" by Esquire Magazine in 2010 & as #GQFall 2013 Best Dressed Man. As of 2014, Sabir serves as a freelance brand ambassador & executive stylist for GQ Magazine & GQ Report. Outside of that partnership, Sabir serves as an independent brand consultant as well. Reach me directly at SABIR@MENSSTYLEPRO.COM