Taking the leap into Spring: White Jeans
(Photo Credits to my wife : Marina T. Peele)
Spring is (Almost) Here
And there is no better way to take the leap in to my favorite season than pulling out a pair of white jeans. Recently, I had a guy ask me, “can a man wear white jeans and if so, how can you do it successfully?” These white jeans are a purchase of mine from over a year ago that made a few appearances last summer with some cheers and jeers from the masses. One way to rock white jeans is to pair them with simple cotton tops and suede loafers.
Pairing with White Jeans:
- Navy tops go well with white jeans. To take the attention away from your jeans a navy top is a good option and plays on the nautical look.
- A deep khaki or camel color jacket can really ground your white pants and definitely works well as a Spring piece.
- Deep brown suede shoes can dress up your white jeans and still keep it casual.
Denim on Denim
Going with the “Denim on Denim” look is something that is seen as difficult to pull off, but not a completely foreign look. A light-washed denim shirt goes well with white denim because;
- The light tones in the shirt play well off of the white denim.
- White denim looks more like a cotton pant than denim
- The textures of both materials are slightly more rough than a cotton top on denim, which add a great depth the look.
A staple in nautical clothing is white pants. By going with a simple navy and white striped long sleeve polo you can complete that nautical look. Since Spring is just creeping its way in, the long sleeve polo option works very well and is easy to pull off. It was about 55 degrees out when taking these shots and the wind started to kick up a few times, so throwing a polo over the denim on denim look offered another great option for a ready to wear white jean outfit.