New Year, New Face (and body, kind of)
Happy New Year! Yup, the Roaring 20’s are in full effect and you probably made a few resolutions, goals or mantras. But, how many of you guys thought about taking care of their skin as a resolution. The winter is one of the harshest time for your skin due to colder temps, whipping wind and dry conditions.
To help freshen up your winter skincare routine, I’ve partnered with Walmart Beauty to put together a regime with some of my favorite products (new and old).
Bamboo Charcoal Facial Wash – Shea Moisture | Daily Moisturizing Lotion – CeraVe | Hydrating Hyaluronic Acid Serum – CeraVe | Rose Water Toner – Burt’s Bees | Acai Face Scrub – Cleen Beauty | Advance Skin Repair Moisturizer – Eucerin | Lip Balm – Burt’s Bee
Hydration. Outside of drink copious amounts of water, investing in a routine & products that work well with your skin is a must to moisturizing your skin during the colder months. As someone that has combination skin, it’s taken me many years to know what irritates or soothes my precious skin. Below is my step-by-step breakdown to winterize/moisturize your skin.
How To Winterize You Skin
- Start with a good scrub to exfoliate that dead, windblown skin. This will help to get those pores open too! Considered doing this twice a week. You’re skin needs time to settle, so daily exfoliation is necessary. Here I’m using the Acai Face Scrub by Cleen.
- Follow up your scrub session with a facewash. Most scrubs aren’t cleanser, so it’s always good to wash your face with a gentle cleanser post exfoliating. Here’s I’m using Shea Moisture’s Bamboo Charcoal Foaming Detoxing Facewash. It pulls out toxins from your pores and helps moisturize your skin
- Next, you want to trap in your natural moisture and tone your skin. Using a cotton pad, add some Burt’s Bees Rose Water Toner and apply it to your face in upward, swiping motions.
- Last, it’s a one two punch for your face. Applying a hydrating serum with hyaluronic acid like the CeraVe Serum and top it off moisturizer — try CeraVe Daily Moisturizing Lotion.
- For total body moisture, opt for a heavy cream moisturizer. Eucerin’s Advance Repair cream is the gold standard. It’s perfect as a night cream!
- Bonus: don’t forgot to protect your lips. The skin on your lips is more delicate than your face & body. So, apply a natural lip balm in the morning and before to take care of your smoocher. Here I’m using Burt’s Bees Original Lip Balm
Check Out #HereForEveryBeauty to upgrade your winter skincare routine!
Shot on location at Lokal Fishtown Hotel Philadelphia