Bringing Summer & Speedy Vibes To Your Wardrobe
It’s no secret that guys have been getting into floral prints over the last year especially with camp collar shirts making waves like crazy. Showing us that florals for exclusives to vacations. Additionally, this season the track stripe is has also emerged in everything from sportswear to formal.
Combo – Bomber Style
Floral Track Jacket – Tallia Orange (via Macy’s Online) | Distressed Denim – Topman | High Top Sneakers – Michael Bastian
Let’s be completely honest, florals jackets can be hit or miss because they can have a novelty aspect to their design. So, the first thing you’ll need to do is find one with an easy base color to work with — like this one. The tricky part of the design that actually makes this jacket work — the track stripe.
Why This Jacket Works
- Simple base color. Black is such a foundational color that can ground a floral pattern without even trying and works to making this jacket approachable
- The pops of red are washed out. If the red was a candy apple hue, it would red completely different
- The track stripe is a visual divider from the front to back of this jacket
Let’s Get Sporty
Claret Bomber Jacket & Blue Stripe Track Jogger – Tallia Orange (via Macy’s Online) | White Sneaker | Watch – Michel Herbelin
Every guy should add at least one pair of track stripe pants/joggers to their wardrobe this year. If you’re the guy that always wears basic grey or black sweats, a track stripe version will show off your new found appreciation of modern sportswear.
By now, you probably have at least one bomber jacket in your arsenal in black, navy or olive. Adding one with a floral detail and an eye-catching color is the new way making a style statement this season.
Why This Look Works
- It’s a lesson in complementary colors
- No one pattern stands out more than the other
- It’s fun. And sometimes clothes need to have some personality
Founder & Creative Director of Men's Style Pro, Sabir has a deep passion for menswear and all things manly. Selected as one of the "5 Best Dressed Men In America" by Esquire Magazine in 2010 & as #GQFall 2013 Best Dressed Man. As of 2014, Sabir serves as a freelance brand ambassador & executive stylist for GQ Magazine & GQ Report. Outside of that partnership, Sabir serves as an independent brand consultant as well. Reach me directly at SABIR@MENSSTYLEPRO.COM