In the search for a green cotton khaki suit, I was introduced to online e-tailor — Lanieri custom-made suits. Before getting deep into the styling of this suit, it must be addressed how much I loved designing this piece online. As with any online e-tailor, Lanieri offers a configurator that allows you, the customer, to design your suits (and other menswear garments).
What has made Lanieri’s configurator options a standout among many competitors is:
- Jacket pocket options – 5 options that include two patch pocket options
- Half lined jackets are an option
- The button selection is amazing. Where many brands only offer one or two options for button types (over 40 options)
- For a bit of help on choosing button & lining options, based on your fabric selection – you’ll receive suggestions on button choice & complementary linings
- The configurator can get as intricate asking piping and stitching
These are a few of the features that stood out to me that set Lanieri apart from other online custom suit retailers. Below are 3 looks displaying some of the ways to style a green khaki suit.
Hues of Green, Brown & Blue
Larusmiani Cotton Custom Green Suit – Lanieri (available online) | Knit Tie & Plaid Pocket Square – Thomas Pink | Blue & Brown Gingham Shirt – Twillory | Brown Suede Loafer – Just A Men Shoe | Tokyo Blonde Tortoise Shell Sunglasses – Lookmatic
Unlike the “regular” khaki suit colors (blue & navy), forest green is often an after-thought in warm weather suiting. Just as versatile, and having even a bit more character, the green khaki suit might actually help you amp up your cotton suit style in a subtle way.
Here a few style tips for rocking a green khaki suit:
- Know what colors work. Blue, brown, orange, lavender and white look best with forest green
- Don’t be afraid of pulling together a tonal look. Different shades of green will look great together (just leave neon green out of this)
- Sneakers. Yes, sneakers work with suit too. Blue or white sneakers complement this suit the best (but, try a traditional tan canvas sneaker too)
- Embrace the wrinkles. 100% cotton suit will wrinkle, it’s inevitable
- If you can, get the jacket made half or unlined
- This color will transition perfectly to the fall. Pair an Oxford lace up with an earth toned colored sock and this suit will become your fall-favorite too (at least until the temperature drops below 50 degrees)
Some things I’ll look into having corrected in this suit
- There’s a back measurement that is asked for when setting up your measurements profile, which was new to me for an e-tailor. After receiving the suit, my upper back width is slightly wider than expected, which is causing some of the gaping in the chest area. This can be adjusted at the tailor.
- I may have the thigh tapered slightly
Overall, Lanieri is deserving of an A grade, based on: ease of use of their site & configurator, the number of suiting/details options available & strong customer service.
Polo Shirt & A Suit
Custom Forest Green Khaki Suit – Lanieri (available online) | Pattern Polo Shirt – Michael Bastian x Uniqlo | Millbank Bit Loafers – Jay Butler
Tanks & Sneakers
Custom Forest Green Khaki Suit – Lanieri (available online) | Blue & Green Striped Tank – Michael Bastian x Uniqlo | White Sneakers – Adidas | Plaid Pocket Square – Brooks Brothers