Before the New Year, I finally took the leap into the iPhone lifestyle with the iPhone 5 (I was blackberry for life). In my opinion, smartphones are a luxury item and I decided to complement my phone with a luxury case. After searching around, I stumbled upon the Issentiel brand from France.
Issentiel offers a variety of phone case styles, some with flip cover, traditional outer shells and vertical pouch cases. Because I wanted to protect my phone at all times when it’s not in use, I opted for the Black Croc Leather Vertical Case. The best way to describe this case is as a wallet for your phone. Since I primarily have my phone in my blazer or jacket inside pocket, I figure I’d go with this style of case to keep the screen protected as well. The croc detailing is definitely a stand and something that is a testament to the handmade craftsmanship.
Pros of the Black Croc Leather Vertical iPhone 5 Case
- The fit around the phone is glove like. So, there shouldn’t be any accidental sliding out of the case.
- The bottom is partially open, so you are able to charge your phone or plug in your headphone.
- Easy access to volume, ringer and locking buttons.
- The Croc detailing adds that bit of panache but is still understated enough (in black) not be obnoxious.
- The case is lightly padded for added protection, but, it’s not bulk.
Cons of the Black Leather Croc iPhone Vertical Case
- The colors are limited to black & red in the croc style.
I recommend this style of phone case to anyone that may be looking for a more something a bit more elegant to complement their smart phone. Not leave the Android phone out, Issentiel offers cases for you too.
Founder & Creative Director of Men's Style Pro, Sabir has a deep passion for menswear and all things manly. Selected as one of the "5 Best Dressed Men In America" by Esquire Magazine in 2010 & as #GQFall 2013 Best Dressed Man. As of 2014, Sabir serves as a freelance brand ambassador & executive stylist for GQ Magazine & GQ Report. Outside of that partnership, Sabir serves as an independent brand consultant as well. Reach me directly at SABIR@MENSSTYLEPRO.COM