Founder & Creative Director of Men's Style Pro, Sabir has…
In the past, I have a done a few posts on “weekend wear”. During the week, I, like most guys, am pretty much a suit and tie kind of guy with variation in my accessories (pockets squares, watches, silk knots, ties & bars). On the weekend, I do dress-down most of my looks, but, I never go as far as appearing to be slob. Tailored style has its place when rocking athletic jackets, sweaters and jeans just as much as it does when you are wearing a suit.
For the guy that really wants to mix their tailored look with casual look this outfit may serve as an inspiration.
Things to take away from this look:
- If you want the sneaker look without actually wearing a pair of sneakers, a pair of white bucks are a great alternative.
- Your dress shirts can have more than the role in your wardrobe (leave the suit behind). A contrast club collar shirt add a cool juxtaposition to a casual look, especially when pairing it with jeans.
- An all cotton varsity jacket is much light than it’s leather sleeved big brother. When paired with the white bucks you will get a fully athletic aesthetic without appearing as if you just stepped off the basketball court.
- Keep your shades classic. Going with a wayfarer or aviator style pair of sunglasses will always work for a casual look. This particular pair is piped in green which gives them their own personality.
- Going casual is a great time to experiment with fun footwear and socks. If you are not a fan of bucks, go with a clean pair of sneakers or tennis shoes. You can opt for a clean pair of drivers as well.
At the Veteran’s Memorial
Club Collar Shirt & Varsity Cotton Jacket by H&M – Maroon Sweater by Zara – Rose Gold Watch by Michael Kors –
McPhersons Wingtip Shoes by Johnston & Murphy – Mustache Socks by Sock it to Me
521 Jeans by Levi’s
Sabir M. Peele
Founder & Creative Director of Men's Style Pro, Sabir has a deep passion for menswear and all things manly. Selected as one of the "5 Best Dressed Men In America" by Esquire Magazine in 2010 & as #GQFall 2013 Best Dressed Man. As of 2014, Sabir serves as a freelance brand ambassador & executive stylist for GQ Magazine & GQ Report. Outside of that partnership, Sabir serves as an independent brand consultant as well. Reach me directly at SABIR@MENSSTYLEPRO.COM