Shirts | Chambray Shirting with Ernest Alexander
Chambray shirts have made a tremendous resurgence into all realms of fashion (menswear & womenswear). With its roots and heritage in work and naval wear, the chambray shirt has the unique ability to get better with age. New York based haberdasher,Ernest Alexander, has designed a line of chambray work shirts that are functional and overwhelmingly stylish.
Secretly functional adages like a hidden button down collar and almost invisible elbow patches, are a part of the charm of this shirt. Even though chambray is a year round fabric, this shirt is constructed from, quite possibly, the lightest material I’ve ever worn (perfect for this hot summer). Most of us aren’t wearing chambray as factory style work wear, but, we can definitely work this shirt into our daily wardrobe effortlessly. Here are two looks to give you some inspiration on to how to style your chambray shirt.
Style Tips With Chambray Shirt:
- Chambray shirts get better with age. Wear it often and wear it well.
- This particular shirt has hidden buttons under the collar, which makes this shirt perfect to wear without a tie, your collar will stay in place perfectly.
- Pairs great with dark denim, tailored suits or white/khaki chinos.
- When pairing with a suit, opt for a more tailored shirt like this one. Some chambray shirts are poorly fitted off the rack, so try them on before purchasing.
- A chambray shirt is the perfect beach shirt. Throw it on with your trunks or keep it on hand for those brisk nights.
Urban Safari Style
Suede Handmade Double Monk Strap Shoes by V. Artigiano
Suited For Work
Maxwell Scott Lorenzo Briefcase
Photography by Marina T. Peele (@Cantwinklefty)