(all text in burgundy is clickable)
No matter how you spell it, gray or grey is quite possibly the most versatile color in your wardrobe (especially in your business attire). Grey often falls into the trap of only being paired with black leather shoes and white shirts, however; the range of colors that complement grey are seemingly endless. The lighter end of the grey color spectrum is the way to go for the most versatility. If possible invest in a three-piece grey suit in wool or a donegal (which would be reserved for the colder months). Below are three looks for a bit of grey inspiration.
- Corporate blue, pink and lavender are three complementary shirt colors that will really pop against a grey suit.
- Break up the pieces of your three-piece suit for more versatility.
- Don’t be afraid to pair brown or tan leather with your grey ensemble.
- Don’t forget that a classic black shoe always works.
- Skip the completely tailored look and throw on a varsity jacket or cardigan in a bold color.
- Mixing a blazer and waist coat from another suit with the grey trousers is a fun and smart combination.
- Socks!! Mix it up. Bold colors and patterns are appropriate with grey trousers. If you want to stay conservative, opt for solid grey socks.
(Also, if you are in NYC now through the 29th, visit Vanderbilt Hall at Grand Central Station for the Indochino Travel Tailor (Tell Them That Men’s Style Pro Sent You)
2. Varsity Style
Green Wool Varsity Jacket by H&M
Cooper Oxford Brogues by Fin’s For Him
3. Suit on Suit
Striped Wool Tie By Gap
Cooper Brogued Oxfords by Fins For Him
- Indochino Traveling Tailor Invades NYC – Oct. 22nd to 29th (mensstylepro.com)