WIWT: Not Letting Go of Summer
Summer is coming to an end. Yes, I said it! Summer is almost over. Since I work at a university, it is everso evident that summer is drifting away when students start returning in just a week, travel season will pick up and the leaves are going to start changing to that ever so pumpkin orange hue. On the bright side the weather is still hitting the mid 80s to 90s so summer fabrics are still in full effect. I’ve worn this outfit in the past as a casual outfit, sans tie and with a silk knot lapel flower ever so prominent. On this day, I wore this look to work with the addition of a tie, tie bar, shades and still no socks.
Suit and Pocket Square – Linen
Tie – Silk Knit
Shirt – Cotton
So why does this work for the office:
- The fit of this linen suit is tailored and not your typical “vacation” cut
- The color lends itself to be mixed well a variety of complimentary patterned/color shirts which gives you options when selecting your complete look
- Pairing a patterned shirt with a simple/solid tie pulls the look back into “work wear” and not just summer picnic party attire
- Going sockless depends on your job and your level of interaction with people. If you work in a strictly corporate environment this look might not fly
- In keeping the linen fabric consistent, a linen pocket square (like the Armstrong & Wilson one with this outfit) with subtle embellishment will add some character to your still
- And for the last time, remember you are wearing linen and it wrinkles as the day goes on. You may want to hang up your jacket when you are not speaking directly with people and put it back on if you need to give off that professional air.
Don’t let go of summer just yet.