Founder & Creative Director of Men's Style Pro, Sabir has…
(All text in burgundy is clickable)[youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCAYStI0_EY]
For this week’s installment of Music Friday, I present Pharrell featuring Kanye West in the video “Number 1“. Released in 2006 and featured on Pharrell’s solo album, In My Mind, Number 1 is easily one of the most stylish videos of the last decade. Super director, Hype Williams, put his quintessential chic-futuristic touch on the video and from their Pharrell & Kanye added their trademark upscale prep/Italian style in terms of wardrobe. If you want to give this video a regional style classification I would go with Italian with a mix of Miami (Italiami…making up words).
Some Style Takeaways From this Video:
- Tailoring matters.
- Camel is a great color complement to an all black out. Pharrell uses a camel-colored belt to break up his black top and trouser look.
- Bold solid colors are grounded well with a crisp white top and dark wash denim (see, Kanye in Red/Green top with white button up shirt).
- Tennis sweater are great for giving the illusion of a deep v-neck (with the contrast stitching), which can add some depth to your look.
- Bold color trenches are eye catching and sophisticated choice for men (See Pharrell in Red Trench).
- Rich colors like red, white & green work well with olive/darker skin tones (usually most tones that have a red hue).
Head to Twitter and follow @KanyeWest & @Pharrell
Founder & Creative Director of Men's Style Pro, Sabir has a deep passion for menswear and all things manly. Selected as one of the "5 Best Dressed Men In America" by Esquire Magazine in 2010 & as #GQFall 2013 Best Dressed Man. As of 2014, Sabir serves as a freelance brand ambassador & executive stylist for GQ Magazine & GQ Report. Outside of that partnership, Sabir serves as an independent brand consultant as well. Reach me directly at SABIR@MENSSTYLEPRO.COM