It really seems as of late our friends in the Great White North, aka Canada, have been producing some of the most talked about menswear brands like Frank & Oak, Indochino and now Dolbeau. Recently, I stumbled upon Dolbeau specifically because I was in the market for a square-end neck tie (not of the knit variety). Not limited just to neck ties, Dolbeau carries bowties, pocket rounds, scarves, bracelet and lapel pins.
These days, style isn’t the only driving factor when guys are looking for pieces to add to their wardrobe. Quality is often the number one factor that will drive a guy to purchase anything. Dolbeau almost makes it their mission statement that quality is key over quantity in regard to their products. Dolbeau does not mass produce their items (specifically their ties). All of their ties are handmade (locally in Montreal, Canada) in limited quantities, even hand-making them when you ordered.
Product Review: IMO (in my opinion):
- The fact that Dolbeau has injected a bit of fun into their ties in terms of style and patterns is refreshing.
- These hemp ties are the perfect material for warmer weather months (light fabric & durable)
- The square end ties remind me of the ties you will often see in the UK or Italy that are bit more unique than the traditional 7-fold pointed ties.
- The fabric is high quality from Japan (from one of the best known Japan Hemp producers (Japan Blue/Collect Co.)
- The texture of these hemp ties make them versatile enough to be worn with a suit or denim
- Their 3 distinct features: Orange Slip Stitch, Orange Bar Tack & Square Tip End
- Dolbeau offers pieces with personality, which I really enjoy.
1. Summer Business
Gaijin ganja hemp tie in pink by Dolbeau – Cotton Plaid Blazer by Jey Coleman – Navy Trouser part of 3 piece Essential Navy Custom Suit by Indochino – Cabarris Penny Loafer by Johnston & Murphy – Gold Tie Bar by Indochino – Custom White Shirt by Enzo Custom Clothiers
2. Military Inspired
Be sure to visit www.Dolbeau.ca to check out all of their ties.
Founder & Creative Director of Men's Style Pro, Sabir has a deep passion for menswear and all things manly. Selected as one of the "5 Best Dressed Men In America" by Esquire Magazine in 2010 & as #GQFall 2013 Best Dressed Man. As of 2014, Sabir serves as a freelance brand ambassador & executive stylist for GQ Magazine & GQ Report. Outside of that partnership, Sabir serves as an independent brand consultant as well. Reach me directly at SABIR@MENSSTYLEPRO.COM