Beat That Last Winter Chill
(without going full-marshmellow man)
Spring is knocking on the door, but, the frigid morning temps are still lingering. Your heavy-duty puffer jacket isn’t necessary, but, you still a bit of warmth, especially on your morning commute (depending on where you live). This feature will show you two options for lightweight winter jackets that are seemingly unstructured and ideal for late winter/early spring weather.
By going this route, you have the option to layer when needed or rock your coat solo, without having your soul snatched out of your body by the morning chill.
Urban Sherpa Flow
Sherpa Lined Coat – Tallia (1 of 1) | Custom Chalk Stripe Waist Coat & Pants – Imparali | Railmaster Watch – Omega via Watchbox | Navy Fine Gauge Turtleneck Sweater – Uniqlo | Monk Strap Boots – Donum Luxury | Eyewear – Warby Parker
A mix of cozy boy and Bane, this extremely light yet warm, sherpa-lined coat will get your through the late winter/early spring morning chill. Warmth aside, the tailored silhouette and muted olive-green color makes it the perfect piece the throw over a suit or to be paired with a casual look. And we can’t overlook that navy blue shearling, it’s luxe without being obnoxious.
Why This Coat Works With A Tailored Look
- Aesthetically, it’s a rugged piece of outerwear, but, it’s tailored to perfection. Which, complements a suited look perfectly
- With a minimal design, there’s nothing too distracting about this coat. Only the pockets and exposed navy shearling catch your eye, but, for the right reasons
- Length. Falling at the mid-thigh, it’s the ideal length for wearing over a suit jacket without tip-toeing into duster territory
Faux Shearling DB Coat – Kenneth Cole | Pre-Owned Heritage Black Bay Watch – Tudor (via Watchbox) | Mustard Yellow Corduroy Trucker Jacket – BDG | White Jeans – Levi’s | Colorblock Loafers – Zara | Jewelry – Degs & Sal |
Essentially, this double-breasted coat is the sexier version of the standard nautical peacoat. But, with a brush faux suede outer shell plus a lush inner shearling, you’ve leveled-up a classic. Quite unexpected, this coat pairs well with just about everything and is roomy enough for late winter/early spring layering.
Why This Coat Should Be Your Next Late Winter Pick Up
- It’s familiar, but, it’s just exotic enough to be a conversation piece
- The outer shell is so plush, you’ll be begging people not to touch you
- Layered with a Henley or denim jacket, you might achieve a level or casual perfection that you didn’t know existed
Photography by Saeed Ferguson of All Cap Studio
Founder & Creative Director of Men's Style Pro, Sabir has a deep passion for menswear and all things manly. Selected as one of the "5 Best Dressed Men In America" by Esquire Magazine in 2010 & as #GQFall 2013 Best Dressed Man. As of 2014, Sabir serves as a freelance brand ambassador & executive stylist for GQ Magazine & GQ Report. Outside of that partnership, Sabir serves as an independent brand consultant as well. Reach me directly at SABIR@MENSSTYLEPRO.COM