In Partnership w/ Tallia
It’s About Holiday Party Style
To The Max
It’s 2018 and when it comes to style — More Is More. Actually, if you’re a minimalist there’s more than enough room for you too. Fortunately, we’re in a period where you can fall at either end of the style spectrum (claps all-around).
To kick off the holiday party season, we’re pushing your style to monumental peacock proportion with bold pattern jackets c/o Tallia. It doesn’t matter if you’re headed to a swanky NYE Bash, winter wedding or the office holiday party of the year, this season going over the top with your style is a must. This feature includes 3 looks with two patterned jackets — Midnight Dragon & Red and Gold DragonFly.
Midnight Dragon Printed Jacket – Tallia via Macy’s (available online) | Lorenzo Bit Loafer (Midnight Dragon Print) – Tallia via Macy’s (available online) | Olympos Gold Watch – Zodiac | Turtleneck Sweater -Uniqlo | Black Jeans – GoodThreads
If you’re purchasing your first bold jacket, definitely go with one that has a black base. It’ll guarantee that you’ll probably wear it more than once and of course, it’s versatile. Surprisingly, one of the best ways to wear it is dressed down.
How To Dress Down This Jacket
- You can’t go wrong with a black turtleneck sweater. It’s the epitome of smart casual style, especially during the holiday season. If that’s still too dressed up for you, try pairing this jacket with a luxe henley.
- Reach in your dresser drawer and grab a pair of dark rinse black denim jeans. This isn’t the time for your distressed moto denim, save those for the club. A pair of flat wash black jeans will give you the look of a pair dress of pants but they’re jeans (casual cool for the win)
- Now, you have lots of options when it comes to the shoes. The reason that I went for kicks that match the jacket is that I wanted to display how distance can make patterns work. With the jacket and the shoes being so far away, the outfit doesn’t come off too bold. Alternatively, a suede or leather loafer would pair perfectly too
Fiery Wedding Guest
Red & Gold Dragon Fly Jacquard Jacket – Tallia via Macy’s (available online) | Tuxedo Pants – Tallia via Lord & Taylor (available online) | Satin Tassel Slipper – Tallia | Custom Shirt – ModaMatters | Vintage Bowtie | Olympos Watch – Zodiac
And then, there’s the showstopper jacket. To be honest, red is a color I often shy away from but it’s such a seasonal color it’s just right for those holiday festivities. If you’re headed to a swanky NYE wedding or any creative black tie event this season, step out like a boss and shine in red and gold.
How To Rock This Red & Gold Jacket
- Wear it like a black tuxedo jacket. Meaning pair it with a white shirt, black tuxedo pants, and minimal design shoes
- Avoid pairing this over an all-black look because the contrast looks too much like a lounge singer than a budding style enthusiast
- Have Fun!
NYE Style: Almost All Black Everything
Midnight Dragon Printed Jacket – Tallia via Macy’s (available online) | Emerald Green Velvet Tassel Loafer – Tallia (available online) | Black Tuxedo Pant – Tallia via Lord & Taylor | Black Shirt – Eton
Getting the most out of that black midnight dragon pattern jacket, think about dressing it up for a wedding or an upscale party.
Why This Look Works
- You can’t go wrong with all black, but, the key to making the shirt & jacket work is the fabric mixing. The flat cotton shirt complements the sheen of the jacket
- Opt for a bow tie. Most guys are uncomfortable trying out a bow tie, but, in this instance, the bowtie is swankier and more polished
- It must be the shoes! Adding the emerald green slipper inject this look with a warm jewel tone and complements all the colors in the jacket
Female Co-Star: Paige Wilson of The MILF FILES
Photography: Saeed Ferguson of All Cap Studio
Videography: Alejandro Sanchez
Production Assistant & BTS: Gabrielle Ochoco
And of course, Barbuzzo Mediterranean Kitchen & Bar for letting us use your space.
Founder & Creative Director of Men's Style Pro, Sabir has a deep passion for menswear and all things manly. Selected as one of the "5 Best Dressed Men In America" by Esquire Magazine in 2010 & as #GQFall 2013 Best Dressed Man. As of 2014, Sabir serves as a freelance brand ambassador & executive stylist for GQ Magazine & GQ Report. Outside of that partnership, Sabir serves as an independent brand consultant as well. Reach me directly at SABIR@MENSSTYLEPRO.COM