Taking on the warm autumn weather in one of summer’s go-to fabrics
Solbiati Blue Seersucker Fabric Custom Suit & Check Linen White & Navy Shirt- c/o Knot Standard | Green Striped Wool Tie – Suitsupply | Custom Design Brown Captoe Shoes – Allen Edmonds | Vintage Folio | Watch – c/o Timex
Embracing the fall “weather” has become somewhat of a lost art due to the long days of summer that creep into October. Of course, we’re not complaining — it’s just dressing for the fall when it’s still rather warm outside can be quite tricky (and a bit of a mind game). To give you an idea how to embrace this warm fall weather, I’ve partnered with the luxury custom menswear brand Knot Standard to show you 3 ways to bring one of their custom blue seersucker fabric suit into autumn.
Don’t let the puckered nature of this fabric fool you, it’s made for the boardroom too! Instead of going with the traditional seersucker colors in light grey or baby blue, a blue that’s closer to navy is office ready.
Style Tips & Benefits
- Pair fall staples with rich colors like a green wool tie & chocolate-brown leather Oxfords with help this suit transition from summer wedding to sartorial office god
- Stick with cotton pocket squares to keep the look refined.
- Remember, seersucker is a more casual fabric, so when you’re wearing it to work keep everything polished and streamline
- Also, it will keep you cool. Rock it to your next presentation — especially if you’re prone to a little sweat
No Tie + Boots = The Party Suit
Solbiati Blue Seersucker Fabric Custom Suit – c/o Knot Standard | Denim Shirt – H&M | Guillaume II Brown Oxford Boots – Cobbler Union | Fairfield Weekender Watch – c/o Timex | Bandana Handkerchief Pocket Square – Hav-A-Hank
The inherently casual nature of seersucker gives it a chameleon-like ability to be formal and casual at the same time — so embrace both sides of it. By pairing a denim shirt & a pair of sleek Oxford boots with this seersucker suit you’ll be all parts urban cowboy without the spurs.
Not sure where to wear this look? Basically, anywhere you want. But, for a few recommendations of where to sport this look, try:
- Happy Hour — that might turn into an all-nighter
- To work. Just add a textured knit tie (preferably with stripes)
- A semi-fancyish fall party. Be sure to come bearing a gift of a nice bottle of hooch
Solbiati Blue Seersucker Fabric Custom Suit – c/o Knot Standard | Windbreaker Track Jacket – Puma | Air Presto Sneakers – Nike c/o size? | Camo Nylon Gym Duffle – Hershel Supply Co | Astron GPS Watch – Seiko
You probably won’t be wearing this suit to workout, but, you can definitely rock it with some of your favorite sport pieces. Don’t forget, it’s a cotton suit — making it a bit more flexible than other fabrics. If you’re headed to the gym before or after work, maybe you just want to switch up your suiting style or you’re traveling but want to pack light — you’ll looked just a polished with this mix. Just leave the overly fluorescent kicks at home.