For a dose of instant swagger, adding a leather moto jacket is a fail safe addition to upgrade your style & wardrobe. You’re personality might become a little more bad-ass when your draped in your James Dean style leather jacket, however; you’ll want to soften up the look for everyday wear.
This fall, create a new stylish uniform with a leather moto jacket, your favorite knit sweater and a sleek pair of Chelsea boots. You’ll roll from casual Friday, right into a night out without missing beat. This post features two looks showcasing how to execute the knitwear and leather jacket look this fall.
Earth tones aren’t you typical first choice when style a brown leather jacket, but, they might becoming your go to color palette this fall. By adding rich hues of orange, tan and green your look will be less biker and more urban-sophisticate. Don’t worry about blending into the trees with this look, the detailing on your leather jacket are as much rocker as much as the color says “I Love Nature”.
After searching for a deep brown leather jacket, I finally stopped by Asos because they’re running their The Coat Vote campaign. Their coat selection is the most extensive that I’ve ever seen in years, so the search pretty easy. Are you thinking of trying out a brown leather moto jacket? Here’s a few reason why should.
- Take a survey of your knitwear. You’ll see that most of your pieces are rich tones like blues, greens, tans & oranges — all of which pair well with a dark brown leather jacket
- The color will get even better with age. Exposure to the sun with shrink the leather overtime and the color will get a bit lighter
- Textured pants like corduroy, tweed and worn in denim complement the visible details of the brown leather
- You probably have a black moto jacket, so adding brown to your collection expands your wardrobe options
Monochromatic Mr. BadAss
Black Leather Bike Jacket – Topman || Jacquard Crew Neck Sweater (Canvas) – Onassis Clothing || Black Jean – 7 For All Mankind || Dean Chelsea Boot in Oxblood – Paul Evans || Matte Black Metropolitan+ Smartwatch – Timex || “Centerpiece” Circle Magnet (Use On Jacket Lapel) – Tie Mags
Is this your first leather jacket? If so, you can “always bet on black”. Classics are classic for a reason and the black leather moto jacket is as classic bad-ass as it comes. Topman has one of the best selections of black leather moto jackets on the market right now, so keep them on your radar if you’re in the market for one this holiday season (this one is $280). For more guys, a black leather jacket is a gateway piece into the foray of kick-ass outerwear.
- Remember to try it on before you buy it. Each brands sizing is different
- The body length should stop right at the waist. Any longer than that, you’ll might as well buy a duster (Matrix style)
- Hardware matters! Polished zippers and buttons with some heft are what you’ll be looking for. Beware of flimsy hardware
- Knitwear softens your leather jacket look.
- When wearing all black, a monochromatic sweater gives of a chic vibe.
- Don’t be afraid to pair it with a sweater in a contrasting color (think cobalt blue) for some added dimension
- A rich tone Chelsea boot in oxblood, snuff brown & tan are the perfect contrasting complement when paired with a black leather moto jacket
Home » Leather Moto Jackets + Chelsea Boots + Knit Wear
Photography: Marina T. Peele @cantwinklefty
Founder & Creative Director of Men's Style Pro, Sabir has a deep passion for menswear and all things manly. Selected as one of the "5 Best Dressed Men In America" by Esquire Magazine in 2010 & as #GQFall 2013 Best Dressed Man. As of 2014, Sabir serves as a freelance brand ambassador & executive stylist for GQ Magazine & GQ Report. Outside of that partnership, Sabir serves as an independent brand consultant as well. Reach me directly at SABIR@MENSSTYLEPRO.COM