This post brought to you by PF Flyers. The content and opinions expressed below are that of Men’s Style Pro.
Rocking a pair of high tops in the summer can be a dreadfully hot experience, but, with a canvas uppers and a light-weight rubber sole — these kicks are extremely light. As a white shoe fan, it’s definitely refreshing to see true white canvas pair with the natural/off white of the soles for a bit of color variation — which really plays into the vintage aesthetic.
Finding a balance between sportswear, streetwear & menswear is often seen as somewhat of an impossible task. While searching for a pair of hi-tops that met all those needs and were summer ready, my eyes were immediately drawn to all the white sneakers on the PF Flyers site. The search was also hinged upon leather & canvas sneakers. There was no doubt that the leather center hi’s were more formal & traditional “menswear” appropriate, however; the white canvas Vintage Center Hi hit the market of the summer hi top.
Below you’ll find some style tips and notes about rocking the Vintage Center Hi sneakers and some more reason why I chose them.
Style Tips & Notes to Rocking the Center Hi Vintage Sneakers
- These sneakers pair perfectly with jogger pants, so this is a time to experiment with both trends (hi tops & joggers)
- The hi-top neck/ankle of the shoe is slender, which means the taper of your pants should complement it
- They’re a blank canvas in regard to color, so pair them with just about everything in your closet (color or style-wise)
- Pay homage to their classic basketball style by pairing them with athletic influence apparel like vintage tees or modernizing them with a side-zip sweat shirt & joggers
- The simple black & white PF Flyer ankle patch is a true throwback to the original patch
- White canvas is option hard to maintain. Treat these sneakers with waterproof & stain repellent to extend the life of your kicks
- Wearing jeans or chinos? Cuff your pant legs meet top of your sneakers
- And yes, you can wear them with shorts. For a flash of personal style, flip the ankle of your sneakers down
- You may never play a game of basketball in these vintage style sneakers, but, if you’ll be attending game these should be in your footwear rotation
Photo Credit: Marina T. Peele
Founder & Creative Director of Men's Style Pro, Sabir has a deep passion for menswear and all things manly. Selected as one of the "5 Best Dressed Men In America" by Esquire Magazine in 2010 & as #GQFall 2013 Best Dressed Man. As of 2014, Sabir serves as a freelance brand ambassador & executive stylist for GQ Magazine & GQ Report. Outside of that partnership, Sabir serves as an independent brand consultant as well. Reach me directly at SABIR@MENSSTYLEPRO.COM