In your search for online custom menswear e-tailors, I’m sure you’ve seen the name Tailor 4 Less. Don’t let the name throw you off, T4L might be one of the most comprehensive e-tailors you’ll find on the web that will leave some cash in your pocket. Recently, the brand announced that they’ll be offering unstructured suits (unlined & less/no padding in the shoulders) — so I decided to take a stab at in. Before we get deep into this feature, this is actually my second suit from the brand, however; I’ve never dedicated a feature to them. After seeing much growth in the brand, the improved quality of the product and the implementation of unstructured suits — it was time for a full feature.
If you decide to make a purchase from Tailor 4 Less, use the code TAILOR4MSP at checkout to save 10% on your first purchase.
Fully Suited + Contrasting Waistcoat
The beauty of rocking an unstructured suit is that the jacket takes on the natural drape of the body — which means no more boxy shoulders. Shape alone isn’t the only reason to opt for an unstructured suit jacket. Think of the basic notion of functionality. The reason you’ve chosen a linen fabric is because you want a suit that is breathable & light. Jacket lining which are usually made of polyester, viscose, silk or sometimes cotton trap heat — defeating the purpose of the light, linen fabric.
Style Tips & Notes
- Remember linen wrinkles, so don’t stress yourself out
- An unstructured jacket contours to the nature slope of your shoulders for a natural look
- Brass buttons can be heavy, so check the weight before adding them to your jacket. You don’t want it to weigh down the button area of your jacket
- This suit is perfect for three-piece wear in the summer. If rocking three-piece suits is your thing, but, the sweltering summer temps say otherwise — you can get away with rocking a three-piece with an unstructured jacket
- Adding cuffs to your pants will give them some weight and structure, so add them (if you like)
Tanks & Sneakers
Custom Unstructured Blue Line Suit – Tailor 4 Less (online) | Better Days Nylite Perforated Leather Sneakers – Tretorn x Publish x P’s & Q’s | Striped Tank – Michael Bastian x Uniqlo | Hunter S. Thompson Aviators – Boast USA
Linen has a less formal quality that most fabrics, that’s why most people think vacation when linen suiting is on the table. Add an unstructured suit jacket to the equation and now your linen suit can play double duty as a true leisure kit. Dig through some clothes and pull out your favorite tanks, polos and sneakers and pair it with this suit. The overall tailored structure of the suit will dress up your casual pieces and still keep you cool
Style Tips & Notes
- White sneakers always pair well with blue suiting
- If you plan to pair a tank or a polo shirt with this linen suit, tuck it in
- Rocking sneakers with a suit isn’t your cup of tea? Opt for a pair of loafers
Photo Credit: Marina T. Peele
Founder & Creative Director of Men's Style Pro, Sabir has a deep passion for menswear and all things manly. Selected as one of the "5 Best Dressed Men In America" by Esquire Magazine in 2010 & as #GQFall 2013 Best Dressed Man. As of 2014, Sabir serves as a freelance brand ambassador & executive stylist for GQ Magazine & GQ Report. Outside of that partnership, Sabir serves as an independent brand consultant as well. Reach me directly at SABIR@MENSSTYLEPRO.COM