Last summer during my search for new headphones, I was introduced to the brand LSTN Headphones. Captivated by the sheer beauty of the reclaimed wood housing, there was no doubt that the designers had an eye for style. Before taking the full leap and copping a pair of headsets, I opted for the ear buds. After being overwhelmingly impressed by the ear buds, I’ve stepped up to the big leagues with the Troubadour Headphones.
LSTN doesn’t only pride itself on creating beautiful headphones, they’re business’ mission is based on the philanthropic quality of aiding people in the quest of regaining their hearing. For each pair of headphones purchased, LSTN with the help of the Starkey Hearing Foundation gives someone the gift of hearing through providing hearing aids. Read more about their mission here – Giving Back. Amplified.
Below is my review of the Troubadour Zebra Wood Headphones.
Zebra Wood Troubadours Headphones – LSTN Headphones | Pris Tokyo Tortoise Custom Sunglasses – Lookmatic | Leather Baseball Jacket – Express | Jaspe Charcoal Fleece Jogger Sweatpants – Marine Layer | Lunar 2 Fly Knit Sneakers – Nike | Nylon Pack Cloth Gym Bag – American Apparel | Fix-D 700C Bike in White & Neon Green
Listening to music — honestly, I couldn’t get through my day without doing it! Since making the upgrade to the Zebra Wood Troubadour headphones, listening to music has become an experience. Delivering crisp, full and rich sound at each note, I’ve never experienced a clear sound from a pair of headphones.
Zebra Wood Troubadour Headphone Review
- Style: The blonde color of the reclaimed Zebra Wood headphones reminds me of the tower speakers that I use have back in the 90s (they had the best sound). The darker striping pattern gives the wood classically aged quality that you can only find in well treated wood. Rocking these headphones shows an appreciation for craftsmanship and they look like a piece of art and not just the “look at me” factor
- Weight: These headphones are surprisingly light but nowhere near flimsy. Being constructed from a wood house and metal headband, I expected a heavier product
- Sound Quality: The most impressive characteristic of the sound quality is its balance. The feeling of having clear surround sound in a pair of headphones without too much bass or treble is remarkable. Every beat is delivered cleanly without getting that “far in the distance” effect
- Special Features: The nylon wrapped cords are a god-sent! Everyone has experienced the frayed cords that kill your headphones. As you can see, I often ride my bike with my headphones on (probably not the safest thing in the world), but, I’m able to take hands-free calls with the built-in microphone.
- Overall Impression/Grade: This is the first A+ grade I’ve given for a product review because these headphones are that impressive. Sound quality, style, weight and special features are all top-notch.
Below are the manufacture’s features & specs:
Photography: Marina T. Peele
Styling/Modeling/Content Copy – Sabir M. Peele
Founder & Creative Director of Men's Style Pro, Sabir has a deep passion for menswear and all things manly. Selected as one of the "5 Best Dressed Men In America" by Esquire Magazine in 2010 & as #GQFall 2013 Best Dressed Man. As of 2014, Sabir serves as a freelance brand ambassador & executive stylist for GQ Magazine & GQ Report. Outside of that partnership, Sabir serves as an independent brand consultant as well. Reach me directly at SABIR@MENSSTYLEPRO.COM