(all text in burgundy is clickable)
(Top to Bottom) Multi Color Orchard Check Shirt by Hucklebury – Ikat Pattern Chamber Tie in Plum by The Knottery – The Thomas Pink & White Striped Shirt by Hucklebury – The Jury Tie by The Knottery - Thomas Green & White Striped Shirt by Hucklebury – Wool Striped “The Judge” Tie by The Knottery
Often referred to as the “casual dress shirt”, the button down shirt will be making great strides this upcoming spring. In an effort to bring you the best of the best in menswear, we present the shirt maker, Hucklebury. This feature will showcase three shirts from the brand, all paired with the same navy suit to show that button down shirts can mean business too. All shirts in this feature are available at www.Hucklebury.com and all ties are available via www.TheKnottery.com.
- Who: Hucklebury
- What: Regular & Slim 100% Egyptian Cotton shirts (2 ply). Shirts come in a button down or spread collar options.
- Where: www.Hucklebury.com (based in California). Web based shopping experience.
MSP Opinion of the Hucklebury Shirt
There are just some things that make perfect sense and Hucklebury shirts is one of those things. There has never has been a better fitting shirt, off the rack (by the way), that we have ever experienced. Yes, this is a gushing review and to be honest, these shirts are well-worth the hype. There are two more things that make these shirts stand out about most (maybe all) OTR shirts, the spread collar and two-ply, light-weight Egyptian cotton. One of the features that most brands fall short on are their straight point button down collars. Straight point collars do not complement the shape of your face as well as the spread collar shirts. Also, if you’re looking for some room for a generous tie knot, a straight point button will not offer much on that front. Hucklebury shirts give you the fit and features of custom made shirts without the wait due to production time.
In the spirit of giving Hucklebury brand a grade:
- Quality of fabric: A+
- Quality of shirt construction: A+
- Fit: A+
- Style Offer: B+ (looking for a few contrast collars and more bengal stripes)
- Overall Grade: A
Style Tip: Tie Combinations
- Often the most important details in pairing shirts and ties is choosing complementary colors (see 1st shirt & tie combo).
- When pairing stripes together, the scale of the stripes makes the difference (one should be larger than the other).
- When mixing completely different patterns (see 3rd combo), sticking within the same color family is an easy way to pull the look together.
- If you shirt and tie are busy, keep your pocket square white.
- When in doubt, a solid knit or wool tie will do the trick.
Vintage Burgundy & Tan Leather Braces
Thanks for reading,