(all text in burgundy is clickable)
Winter is a bitch! Yup. The cold weather, dry skin, and the need to bundle up to stay warm, especially when you’re trudging around outdoors is dreadful. By now, your outerwear game may be something serious that is full of downed coats, puffer vests, leather jackets and pea coats. Every guy should have a black overcoat in their arsenal (especially for cold weather formal events), but you can also switch it up with a camel colored overcoat this winter. The coat in this feature is the Indochino Custom Essential Camel Single-Breasted Overcoat, with leather scarf strap inside.
Style Tips & Features of the Camel Color Overcoat
- One of the best features of the coat is the distinct color. Navy, black or grey overcoats can be drab (but still classic). By choosing adding this understated pop of color, the camel color stands out in a way that isn’t flashy.
- This particular camel overcoat from Indochino can be customized to have a belt, custom lining and the option of the leather scarf loop (which can be used to stash your scarf when you’re not wearing it).
- Don’t be afraid to dress this coat down with jeans, cargo pants or a t-shirt.
- In terms of length, go with a coat that hits mid-thigh. You should be able to wear your coat over a blazer with the blazer fitting under it perfectly. If your blazer is too long or your overcoat is too short, you may need to reevaluate one or both pieces.
- As for the breast pocket, it’s okay to rock a pocket square. Some people think that is blasphemous in classic menswear, but, if you like it try it!
- Pair this coat with navy blue, earth tones and off white for the optimal complementary effect.
Below are 4 different looks to inspire what you wear with your camel overcoat.
(Photo Credit: Marina T. Peele @CantWinkLefty)
Leather Scarf Strap inside of Camel Topcoat via Indochino – Green Scarf by H&M –
2. Rock it with Cargos & A Flannel
Olive Green Cargos by Todd Snyder x Gap
Gloves by H&M – Flannel Plaid Shirt & Orange Handkerchief by Merona – Camo iPhone Cover by Skinit.com –
3. T-Shirt & Jeans
Captoe Boots By Asos
Off White Trousers by H&M
Nubuck Wingtip Lugged Soled Shoes by Mike Konos – Plaid Socks by H&M
Also, be sure to check out TSBmen’s feature with Townsend Smith on the Camel Topcoat for some more inspiration.
Founder & Creative Director of Men's Style Pro, Sabir has a deep passion for menswear and all things manly. Selected as one of the "5 Best Dressed Men In America" by Esquire Magazine in 2010 & as #GQFall 2013 Best Dressed Man. As of 2014, Sabir serves as a freelance brand ambassador & executive stylist for GQ Magazine & GQ Report. Outside of that partnership, Sabir serves as an independent brand consultant as well. Reach me directly at SABIR@MENSSTYLEPRO.COM