(all text in Burgundy is clickable)
One of the great things about being an alumnus of a college/university is heading back to campus for HOMECOMING!! There’s always a bit of excitement in the air during homecoming with all the sporting events, catching up with friends and of course partaking in some adult beverages. Secretly, most people are judging how good (or bad) you look. So, put some effort into your look and give them something to talk about. Guys, looking back on your college days, I bet you can say to yourself, “Damn, I wore sweat pants so many times, that I was wearing sweats on the bottom half of my yearbook photo”. Of course you’ve grown up a bit, and now you want to show everyone that you’re no longer that clueless coed returning to the quad this homecoming season.
A benefit of living and attending college in the northeastern United States is that the seasons change pretty rapidly from a blazing hot summer to a crisp chilly fall. Falls cooler days make it the perfect time to pull out the heavier fabrics. While attending the annual homecoming celebration at my alma mater, Ursinus College, I called on an always stylish friend and fellow alumnus, Tony Ubertaccio, to showcase a fall appropriate homecoming look.
Style Tips & Takeaways from both looks:
- Your attire will be dictated by the climate/region of your alma mater so choose your fabrics wisely.
- Earth tones are a great color option to complement the naturally warm colors of the season.
- You want to be well-dressed, but, remember you also want to be appropriately dressed for the occasion. Unless you were known for wearing suits in college, there is no need to wear one just to impress the masses.
- You will be outside 99% of the day, walking in grass and potentially drinking a fair amount of beer,but go business casual.
- Take a tip from Tony’s and opt for a pair of refined work boots to complement your semi tailored denim look. The boots are refined enough to complement the rest of your the and rugged enough to battle the outdoor elements.
- Ditch the tie.
- Go with a button down collar shirt. They are more casual and will allow you to rock the “few buttons effortlessly undone” look.
- Carry business cards. Homecoming events are always a great networking opportunity.
- A pair of dark wash jeans are a fail-safe.
- Pocket Square?? Depending on your mood, it can be a yes or no. IMO, always yes!
Plaid Button Down Collar Shirt & Tan Corduroy Blazer by Frank & Oak – Vintage Navy & Pocket Square – Vintage Feather Lapel Pin
On Tony: Wolverine 1000 Mile Boots – On Sabir : Cooper Brogues by Fin’s For Him
Thanks to Tony for participating.