(all text in burgundy is clickable)
Taking a page out of the 1960 & 70s, the three-piece corduroy suit is back with a vengeance (and is cooler than ever). As a kid, rocking corduroy was slightly embarrassing because it was thought of as extremely outdated. The new corduroy suit offers a thinner wale (which are the ridges in the fabric) and a more modern cut that most guys will look great in. There are many ways to put looks together with a three-piece suit in of any kind, however; the corduroy suit is special because of its ability to keep you warm and really complement the cold weather seasons.
More often than not, the introductory color for a corduroy suit is khaki (which can be seen as the most versatile and similar to cotton khaki suit). This feature will show you just 5 of the many ways that you can style an Olive Green corduroy suit (which can be found at Onassis Clothing).
Benefits & Style Tips of Rocking the Corduroy Suit
- During the fall and winter months, you can wear this suit with minimal layering and remain warm as hell.
- Typical corduroy suits are produced in earth tone colors like khaki, olive-green, maroon and navy blue. These tones not only work well with the season, they often act as a blank canvas for pairing other warm colors with the outfit.
- For a slimmer cut, go with a corduroy with a high wale count (which mean more wales (cords) per inch).
- All of the pieces of a three-piece corduroy suit work well as separates.
- Heavy or fine gauge knits are perfect complement to a corduroy suit.
- A leather shoe will give a more sophisticated vibe when paired with this suit.
- Add a brown or oxblood color boot to change up the look from the traditional Oxford shoe.
- Don’t be afraid to wear suede shoes with cords. The textures complement each other well.
- Rock it as business suit! You’ll actually look like a bad-ass. Or at least you’ll look like you appreciate classic menswear.
1. Fall Business (Full 3 Piece Suit)
Corduroy 3 Piece Suit by Onassis Clothing (available online & in-store now)
2. Just The Trousers
Oxblood Loafers by Aldo
3. Trouser & Waist Coat
Tan Suede Wingtips by Mike Konos
4. Blazer, Trouser & a Turtleneck
Tan Boots by Asos
5. Just The Waist Coat (In Layers)
Photo Credit : Marina T. Peele
Styled/Modeled : Sabir M. Peele
Sabir M. Peele