Bold Blazer Volume IV: Mastering The Teal Blazer
(all text in Burgundy is clickable)
The summer season is coming to a close, however; you still have to time to rock a “go-to-hell” type of cotton blazer. Target released the Mossimo Black line for men a few months ago, with some extremely bold and eye catching colors. Boasting a more tailored fit, Mossimo Black was set to be the introduction of modern-tailoring for Target’s flagship brand. Needless to say, this campaign with bright color suits/separates did receive mixed reviews on the web, so of course I decided to give the blazer a run.
Initially, I purchased (gift from the wife) a size medium in this blazer (that’s my typical off the rack size). When it arrived, the sleeves were too long and the fit (measured at a 36, when most mediums will start their measurements at a 32 inch waist) of the torso was not as “tailored” as perceived from the web. Originally priced at $50, I didn’t see it fit to have it tailored because the end cost would have put this blazer over$100. With Target’s efficient in-store return policy, I exchange this blazer for a small. Once it arrived the length of the sleeves and waist measurement were on point, but, slightly snug in the shoulders (but, I can live with that).
- With any bold blazer, white chino/denim and dark denim pair well.
- Pairing this with white chino/jeans work best for the spring/summer months
- Incorporating other pieces in the same color family will add some color consistency (see nylon belt).
- Don’t go overboard in terms of patterns when pairing tops with this type of blazer
- It’s a cotton blazer, embrace the wrinkles. Push of the sleeves.
- T-shirts and tanks are the perfect complement to a cotton blazer
Benefits of this blazer
- The fabric is light and breathable
- The colors are eye catching (so if you are looking to get noticed, you’ve found the right blazer).
- Functional Buttons on the sleeves
- Double-vented (referring to the back opening)
Penny Loafers (with Euros instead of Pennies from my trip to Greece) by Aldo
Summer Time and Living Is Easy
Blazer by Mossimo Black Via Target