A few weeks ago I was privileged to attend the wedding of a dear friend Patti McVey, to her amazing fiancé (now husband) John Zappa, in beautiful Sea Isle City New Jersey. A week after they announced their engagement, my wife and I met them out for dinner to celebrate the great news. There was much excitement and laughter during our dinner, but there was also one serious moment when John said to me, “Hey, man! I know you’re pretty stylish, but I’ll be rocking a seersucker suit at my wedding. So, no seersucker for you.” Those words were ingrained in my mind and I made sure to stay far away all things seersucker when putting together my wedding outfit (I ended up rocking my Indochino Custom Linen Derby Blazer and a pair of navy blue linen pants).
I arrived at the wedding and I got to see John right before his beautiful bride made her fairy-tale entrance. Immediately, I took notice of his well-tailored seersucker suit, boat shoes and knit tie. Since this was a wedding at the shore, John’s ensemble very fitting, it was easily 95 degree outside. Seersucker was the best choice to stay cool, once he hit the outdoor reception.
Style Take Aways From This Look:
- A well-tailored seersucker suit looks amazing for a summer/beach wedding.
- Your accessories can be a bit more fun when rocking a seersucker suit (John picked two-tone knit tie, funky-style socks, nautical cuff links and sunflower boutonniere).
- A boat shoe is the perfect casual yet stylish complement to a seersucker suit.
- If you’re going to wear socks with this look, make them fun (take note from John).
- A crisp white shirt is always the best option.
- If you want to dress this look up more, swap out the boat shoes for a pair of leather Oxford chestnut brown lace ups.
Seersucker Suit by J.Crew -
Congrats to the new Mr. & Mrs Zappa. It was a beautiful wedding for such a happy couple!